Northampton’s Malcolm Arnold Academy celebrates ‘Good’ Ofsted
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Students and staff at Northampton’s Malcolm Arnold Academy, part of the David Ross Education Trust, are celebrating achieving a major milestone following the academy’s ‘Good’ rating as part of a recent Ofsted inspection.
Praising the academy for its ‘strong culture of openness, honesty and respect’ the report notes the many significant improvements made at the school since its last inspection, including:
- The positive relationships within the school create an inclusive and welcoming environment enabling pupils to thrive. A representative parental comment noted that: ‘Since attending this school my child has grown in confidence and ability and her talents have been nurtured and celebrated’.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school and arrive well prepared and eager to learn.
- Pupils know how challenging targets set by teachers for them to aim high will help them to do well in lessons. Pupils are making faster than average progress in a number of subjects.
- Pupils are proud of their school. They appreciate the lengths staff go to support them, and know that teachers are ambitious for them and want them to do well.
- Teachers have good subject knowledge and their enthusiasm for their subject inspires pupils. Teachers’ thorough knowledge of GCSE examination specifications is giving pupils the best chance of succeeding when they sit their examinations.
- The proportion of pupils moving on to further education, employment and training after school is high. This is because they are well prepared for the next stages in their lives and receive good-quality careers advice and guidance.
- The Executive Principal is a highly effective leader, who has built a senior leadership team who share his ambition for the school.
- Leaders have created a strong culture where morale is high and great emphasis is placed on the well-being of pupils and staff.
- The curriculum is constantly reviewed to ensure it is meeting the needs and abilities of all pupils to make good progress.
Chris Steed, Executive Principal at Malcolm Arnold Academy, said: “I am incredibly proud of our school community. Ofsted’s many positive comments are testament to the aspiration and commitment of our students, their parents and guardians and our colleagues and governors.
“Not only did Ofsted comment on how our students are confident, articulate and self-assured, but it has also been extremely pleasing to see such positive feedback from our parents and carers about how Malcolm Arnold Academy is making a difference to their child’s life.”
Nicola Koncarevic, Head of School at Malcolm Arnold Academy, said: “We are all very excited about the future and will continue making great strides towards the goal of becoming an Outstanding school at our next inspection.”
If you would like to find out more about life at Malcolm Arnold Academy, please contact 01604 778000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org