In a multi-academy trust, a single trust is responsible for a number of academies. The MAT consists of the members and the trustees.
The members are akin to the shareholders of a company. They have ultimate control over the academy trust, with the ability to appoint some of the trustees and the right to amend the trust’s articles of association.
The current Members are:
The Ross Foundation – represented by Joanne Hoareau
David Ross – Chair of Trustees
The Diocese of Peterborough – represented by Peter Cantley
The trustees are responsible for the same three core governance functions performed by the governing body in a maintained school: setting the direction, holding the headteacher to account and ensuring financial probity.
Individuals who sit on local Academy Scrutiny Committees (ASCs) are referred to as ‘local governors’. This is because trustees can delegate governance functions to the local level. Trustees have complete discretion over what is delegated to each Academy Scrutiny Committee.
Local governors are at the heart of the Trust.
We have over 220 parents, business people and educationalists who volunteer their time and expertise for the benefit of our young people.
Harnessing their talents and recognising and acknowledging the impact that they have is critical. As a result, a great deal of work has been undertaken to refine roles and responsibilities, and support governors to help their academies become Outstanding.
The documents below outline how the relationships between the three groups work, and Trustee Declarations.
Articles of Association
Scheme of Delegation
Trustees and Governors Declarations
Academy Governing Bodies, Chairs and Principals
Terms of Office and Attendance
- DRET Trust Board Terms of Office and Attendance Records 2018 19
- DRET Trust Board Terms of Office and Attendance Records 2019 20
- DRET Trust Board Terms of Office and Attendance Records 2020 21
Trust Board Meetings and Committee Minutes
- DRET Trust Board Minutes of 13 December 2021
- DRET Trust Board Minutes of 15 Sept 21
- DRET Trust Board Minutes of 17 November 2021
- DRET Trust Board Minutes of 9 February 2022
- Education Committee Minutes 29th September 2021
- Education Committee Minutes 19th January 2022
- Finance and Resource Committee Minutes 2 December 2021
- Finance and Resource Committee Minutes 31 March 2022
- Finance Resource Committee Minutes 11 October 2021
- Risk Audit Committee Minutes 17 March 2022
- Risk Audit Committee Minutes 2 December 2021
- Risk Audit Committee Minutes 6 October 2021