We believe every child should have the opportunity to create, compose, and perform, as well as to visit and participate in extraordinary work.
That is why the Trust has set an ambition to use the Artsmark programme to help unlock the potential of children and young people, help to develop character and talent, and increase their knowledge and understanding.
Awarded by Arts Council England, designed by schools, the Artsmark award help our academies to deliver a high quality arts and cultural education and provides an excellent way to demonstrate this.
Artsmark schools gain access to exceptional resources as well as networks of the country’s most treasured cultural organisations, helping them develop and strengthen their arts provision.
“I have always had a passion for dance and I am grateful for all the support I have received from Charnwood College.”
Tammy Tsang, now studying a BA in Contemporary Dance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London.
Our strategy for Dance, Drama and Art includes:
- Raising the profile of the cultural arts for academy staff as a means of developing learning across the curriculum
- Increasing the number of pupils achieving at a high level in the cultural arts
- Working with a greater number of arts providers, improving upon the geographical coverage and diversity of cultural opportunities
- Improving pupils’ participation in cultural arts activities - with a specific focus on harder to reach groups.
- Developing the networking and sharing of practice between academies and providers.