Teaching Assistant 1:1 (ref 712)
The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Teaching Assistant 1:1. This role at Fairfield Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
To work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
30 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year
Salary & Benefits
- NJC 11 (£15,807)
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- GCSE Grade A – C English and Maths
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age.
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme
- Training in the relevant learning strategies e.g. literacy
- Effective use of ICT to support learning
- Use of other equipment technology – video, photocopier
- General understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies.
- Caring/training/communication/persuasive/motivating/counselling skills.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation’s vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 24 January 2018.
Fairfield Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.