The David Ross Education Trust Teaching School Alliance has two overarching goals:
- The first is to ensure that schools within the Alliance are supported to achieve excellence
- The second is to support practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning
Working towards these two goals will help us to ensure that the outcomes for children are enhanced and that the capacity for school improvement is built upon.
In essence, the DRET Teaching School Alliance (TSA) is the key driver for the school improvement work, which occurs across the Trust. In order to do this, Academies in the alliance have access to a range of bespoke and generic support that is provided as part of their commitment to the David Ross Education Trust. Additional support can also be brokered by individual Academies through the Teaching School, from highly skilled and effective professionals. Furthermore, schools that are not part of the Trust have the opportunity to also seek support from the DRET TSA.
The work of the TSA is delivered through the ‘Big 6’ that characterises Teaching Schools nationally. These are:
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Leadership Pathways
- School to School Support
- Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) designation and brokerage
- Research & Development