- Nevill Holt Opera delivered a write an aria workshops to over 300 students from nine secondary academies, and a further 400 students attended dress rehearsals of Rigoletto and The Elixir of Love.
- 130 students from Barnes Wallis, Charles Read and Thomas Middlecott Academies took part in a three-month singing project with Opera North, culminating with a performance in Lincoln with the Chorus of Opera North.
- Through The Voices Foundation, a singing curriculum for Early Years and Key Stage 1 was trialled in Northampton primary schools, and is now followed by 13 academies.
- The King’s Men, from King's College, Cambridge, made their first visit to six primary academies in Northampton, and performed in concert with the Malcolm Arnold Academy Chapel Choir at St Matthew’s Church in the town.
- The second DRET Choral Course took place in July 2016, and was attended by 75 students; Stephen Williams, Director of Music, and Catherine Griffiths, Head of Singing, were also adjudicators of the DRET Music Cup.
- One of the Trust’s Chapel Choirs sang with the Gabrieli Consort in Ely Cathedral, as part of the Gabrieli Roar programme, leading to the inclusion of the DRET Youth Choir in Gabrieli Roar 2017.