The David Ross Education Trust works with primary and secondary academies across the East Midlands, Yorkshire and Humberside and the East of England. The Trust is also delighted to have a grammar school and special school in our network.
Our mission is to become the country’s leading group of academies, committed to high quality academic education for all. This will be achieved by:
- Developing fully the talents and potential of each pupil;
- Providing an excellent academic education, supported by wide-ranging and exceptional sporting, cultural and artistic activities;
- Fostering scholarship, hard work and conscientious application;
- Enabling all pupils to become knowledgeable, confident, kind and courteous adults capable of playing a positive and active role in society.
To deliver this, the Trust makes a commitment to ensure that:
- Each academy is graded by Ofsted as ‘outstanding’ within five years of joining the Trust, maintains that status and is progressing towards being judged as ‘world class’ by the Trust;
- Each academy achieves the highest academic results within its locality;
- Each academy develops a strong reputation for the quality of its sporting and cultural activities and for its pastoral care;
- The Trust recruits and retains exceptional teachers and staff;
- Create within DRET's academies an attractive and professional working environment that ensures the most effective and able staff are rewarded.
The David Ross Education Trust philosophy is that every school is different. The common features of all our academies are based on the traditional strengths of the independent system.
Those features include:
- A commitment to each child;
- Academic excellence;
- A House structure to foster a culture of mutual respect and teamwork;
- An extensive co-curricular offering to broaden opportunity and experience for all students within their academy;
- An early and relentless focus on literacy;
- A uniform code to nurture a sense of identity and responsibility with a high expectation around personal appearance;
- A Governing Body and a Principal who exercise their local autonomy within this framework; and
- A commitment to excellence and a culture of no excuses.
The following documents explain more about our work with our academies.
Introduction to the David Ross Education Trust (PDF 3.6Mb)
Information for Primary Schools (PDF 3.3Mb)